Melbourne, Australia – Mobil Oil Australia Pty Ltd (Mobil), a subsidiary of ExxonMobil Australia Pty Ltd will roll out a new line of fuel products in Victoria this month.
The new products – Supreme 98, Extra 95, Special E10, Special Unleaded 91 and Special Diesel – have been engineered to help improve the fuel economy of vehicles.
Mobil’s Australian Retail Sales Manager Kim MacMillan said a performance additive is now added to all Mobil petrol and diesel available at 7-Eleven stores in Victoria.
The additive is designed to improve engine performance by helping vehicle engines run more smoothly. It also works to help remove harmful deposits from vital engine parts that build up over time.
“Mobil’s new fuels have been developed with Australian drivers and their vehicles in mind. These fuels are engineered to work harder and improve fuel economy for the consumer,” she said.
The new fuel product rollout comes after Mobil and 7-Eleven signed a long-term deal earlier this year that has seen the return to Australian east coast metropolitan markets for the first time since the sale of ExxonMobil’s retail assets to 7-Eleven in 2010.
7-Eleven Australia’s CEO, Warren Wilmot, said 7-Eleven has been selling quality Mobil fuels at its 400+ fuel sites for some time, and was excited to be adding these new fuel products to its offer.
“As Australia’s first choice in convenience, we are always focused on providing customers with a market leading offer. Mobil’s reputation for quality fuels is longstanding, and introducing these new fuel products will ensure we continue to provide an outstanding offer to our customers,” he said.
The Victorian rollout of the new fuel products is expected to be complete by the end of the month, with rollout in New South Wales and Queensland to commence before the end of the year.
Mobil’s new fuel products with an additive package:
- Supreme+ 98 (98 Octane) is a premium grade petrol enhanced with a high quality multifunctional additive package for high performance vehicles. Supreme+ 98 is engineered for top performance and helps to improve engine responsiveness, engine efficiency, fuel economy and emissions.
- Extra 95 (95 Octane) is a premium grade petrol that helps to improve engine responsiveness, fuel economy and emissions.
- Special Unleaded 91 (91 Octane) that helps to improve fuel economy, emissions and provides corrosion protection.
- Special E10 94 (94 Octane) contains up to 10% Ethanol that helps to improve fuel economy, emissions and provides corrosion protection.
- Special Diesel is suitable for use in all diesel powered engines currently on the road in Australia. It provides a cleaner and faster fill and helps to improve fuel economy, emissions and provides corrosion protection
All Mobil petrol and diesel grades meet Australian Fuel Quality Standards.
ExxonMobil Public Affairs +61 3 9261 0022
7-Eleven Public Affairs (03) 9541 0711
About ExxonMobil Australia
ExxonMobil Australia is this country’s oldest petroleum company, operating since 1895. ExxonMobil Australia principally operates through subsidiaries Esso Australia Pty Ltd and Mobil Oil Australia Pty Ltd.
ExxonMobil is committed to utilising advanced technology to safely provide reliable supplies of energy in an environmentally and socially responsible manner. Learn more about us at www.exxonmobil.com.au.
7-Eleven Stores Pty Ltd, Australia’s first choice in convenience, is a private company owned by the Withers/Barlow family. The company has a license to operate and franchise 7-Eleven stores in Australia from the US based 7-Eleven Inc.
The first Australian store was opened in August 1977. Today 7-Eleven Stores Pty Ltd. operates approximately 600 stores in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and the Australian Capital Territory, with 10 stores expected to open in Western Australia by the end of 2015.
Through its store network, 7-Eleven Stores Pty Ltd. conducts more than 180 million transactions a year, serving an average six customers per second, generating sales of approximately $3.4 billion.