Each year, ExxonMobil Australia offers challenging internship opportunities to a number of students across various Engineering & Data Science disciplines. The program runs from February to November, and depending on the available opportunities and candidates’ preferences, successful candidates will be based at either our head office in Melbourne, or at one of our main processing facilities; Long Island Point Plant in Hastings or Longford Gas Plants in East Gippsland.
*Interstate candidates are encouraged to apply as relocation support will be provided.
At ExxonMobil, our vision is to lead in energy innovations that advance modern living and a net-zero future. As one of the world’s largest publicly traded energy and chemical companies, we are powered by a unique and diverse workforce fueled by the pride in what we do and what we stand for.
The success of our Upstream, Product Solutions and Low Carbon Solutions businesses is the result of the talent, curiosity and drive of our people. They bring solutions every day to optimise our strategy in energy, chemicals, lubricants and lower-emissions technologies.
We invite you to bring your ideas to ExxonMobil Australia, to help create sustainable solutions that improve quality of life and meet society’s evolving needs.
ExxonMobil Australia’s reliable supply of natural gas and transportation fuels is powering Australian jobs. Our people provide the energy used by local manufacturers, hospitality venues, medical facilities and construction, transport and logistics firms, supporting the countless industries who rely on their products and services.
ExxonMobil’s affiliates have offices and facilities in Victoria (Altona, Docklands, Yarraville, Hastings and Longford) and offices in Perth.
We're seeking students who are:
• Actively pursuing a bachelor's or master's degree across any engineering discipline, as well as Data Science degrees. Graduates will be considered. A strong academic record will be highly regarded
• Capable, highly innovative students who display initiative and drive
• Demonstrated maturity, sound judgement and interpersonal skills through prior leadership and team roles
• Ability to question and identify improvements with a collaborative attitude
• Willingness to take on challenging assignments and manage multiple projects and deadlines
• Applicants must have the right to work in Australia
Applications are currently closed and will re-open in 3Q24.
ExxonMobil Australia Stories
Discover where a career at ExxonMobil could take you.
Recent news and projects